To get started, we use a notepad, calendar or computer to list out the things you can think of that will need to be handled for your move. This is important because every situation varies from person to person there is no one single scenario that applies to all.
Our local resources and knowledge provide a huge benefit when creating a meaningful road map for the support you need, especially if your move includes:
- Selling your current home to purchasing a smaller one you will need a realtor to list your home for sale and research homes available in your desired location.
- Buying a new home you may require a lender to determine and assist you with your financing needs. If you are over 62 you may even be eligible for a Reverse for Purchase loan.
- Repairing and Preparing your home for the market
Once your senior move plan is created, scheduling dates can be added:
- How long each task will take
- The date you should start
- And an estimated task completion date
We understand that mobility is a real consideration for seniors and we take that into account early in the planning stages. Giving you adequate time and support to complete each step provides many benefits to you.
We either provide these services or have relationships with following services providers:
- Online sales
- Garage sales
- Storage facilities
- Handyman services
Not only do we maintain these relationships, but also coordinate their activities to maximize your cost saving and minimize your stress.
Possibly the biggest step in the senior downsize move process is accounting for everything that needs to be done. From start to finish, everything revolves around scheduling and completing tasks. You can tackle these projects yourself, but most seniors find great relief when working with a senior move planner. Learn more about the other benefits our services provide for your move
If you were moving, what would you need the most help with? Let us know in the comments.